Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Seing Eye Dog Banned from Resturant

Alun Elder-Brown, a recruitment executive, said he was left feeling "like a piece of dirt" after being barred from bringing the animal into Kirthon Restaurant in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, on religious grounds.
It follows a series of successful prosecutions of Muslim taxi drivers who refused to carry guide dogs in their cars because they considered them unclean on religious grounds.
Mr Elder-Brown was taking his girlfriend out to celebrate her birthday with her five year-old daughter last week when he was told he would have to leave his dog, Finn, tied up outside.
He showed a card issued by the Institute of Environmental Health Officers certifying he and his dog were allowed into any premises but an argument ensued and the owners threatened to call the police if he did not leave.
"I was made to feel like a piece of dirt. They told me I couldn't come in because it was against their religious beliefs to have a dog in the restaurant.
Under the Disability Discrimination Act it is illegal to refuse to serve a disabled person of give them a diminished level of service because of their disability.
Shamin Ahmed, a partner in the restaurant, said that he had written to Guide Dogs for the Blind to apologise for the incident.
“We were worried about the hygiene, that is what happened, it was a mistake,” he said.

Ok, let me get this right Muslims are concerned about hygiene... They may want to share this fact with the last 15-20 Muslim cab drivers that have driven me around New York. Ok, you wipe your ass with your hand, but a dog can't sit next to you because it is unsanitary. I don't know it doesn't make any sense to me. I would rather eat with a dog then split a sandwich with ass hand.

This is not a religious rant because #1 I have a beard and #2 I was just listening to a little Yusef Islam this morning to get my mellow on, but I don't trust people that don't trust dogs. I mean dogs love everyone, except Terminators. Dogs hate Terminators, when the machines attack dogs are the only ones that can tell them from real people.

If I owed a business I would love to have blind customers. I mean you toss a couple sand-Os out there, hit on his girlfriend behind his back, and then over charge him by 300%. I mean you totally rob him blind...

No comments: