Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Peking Doe...yum.


HAMBURG, N.Y. (AP) - Health officials shut down a suburban Buffalo restaurant after an inspector found employees butchering a dead deer inside the business. Erie County Health Department officials said they got a tip Friday about a dead deer in the China King restaurant in the town of Hamburg, just south of Buffalo.

An inspector soon arrived and saw the deer being butchered in the kitchen.

State health laws prohibit butchering an animal inside a restaurant.

Officials don't know whether the deer had been killed by a hunter or a vehicle. They said there was no indication the deer meat was served to any customers.

The message on the restaurant's answering machine Monday says it was closed because of "family emergencies."

Now I watch a lot of CSI, NCIS and Law and Order, so I don't believe for a second that the criminal masterminds at Hamburg PD could not figure out if they were serving Deer. I am also guessing that China King was not so unlucky that this happened to them the one time they dragged a Deer in off the street and hacked it up. I mean, if you find your wife in bed with another guy, I think it is safe to say that he tee'd her up like a rock star.

I think China King needs a new marketing team. People upstate eat Deer 3 meals a day and they love to hunt (ask Smitty). They would flock to a place that whacked up your Deer while you went to the buffet to get some Venison with Sweet and Sour sauce (I have never been to China King in Hamburg, but this has to be a buffet place with a name like China King).

The most disturbing thing is that they are closed for "family emergencies"... I would not be surprised if they were hacking up dishwashers for the Moo Shu Chicken - I mean they really aren't leaving them a lot of options here. I would like to thank my Johnson for the look on this.

1 comment:

JimmyM said...

Ok -- My name is Jim Mead and I have the "honor" of working with Bobby Jenx and have the "honor" of having grown up in Hamburg, NY. Everything guessed about the China King restaurant is dead on right --- very scary place.