Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another Reason to Hate Commie Canada...


TORONTO, Jan. 6 (UPI) -- A Toronto-area man who won $135,000 on four scratch-off lottery tickets has been told they were printing mistakes, and he won't be given the prizes.
Thomas Noftall, 27, told the Toronto Sun he scratched the four tickets on New Years's Eve and was ecstatic to see his winnings.
He contacted the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. in Toronto by telephone, and a claims representative said he would be paid, but that he had to come to the lottery headquarters, the Sun said.
"One guy pulled me into his office and said, 'Between me and you, they're going to void your tickets. They're not going to pay,'" Noftall told the newspaper.
A lottery spokesman told the Sun there were 1,000 misprinted tickets distributed throughout the province.
This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart. My New Year's resolution is to gamble more and since I am an awful gambler I decided to start small. So I have been rubbin' out scratch tickets like it's my job and if we have another year like 2008 - it will be. So far I have rubbed out about 75 tickets and I am even-Steven. But it is like my Dad always - says "don't gamble in a communist country because even when you win you lose". Commie bastards!

No comments: