Wednesday, January 28, 2009

'Cello scrotum' exposed as a hoax


LONDON, England (CNN) -- A medical ailment that has worried male members of string sections across the music world for over 30 years has been exposed as a hoax.
Male cellists of the world can breathe easy again.

A senior British lawmaker confessed to making up the condition known as "cello scrotum" -- which relates to chafing from the instrument -- after reading about another musically-related ailment called "guitarist's nipple" in the British Medical Journal in 1974.

Elaine Murphy, who is a member of The House of Lords and a trained doctor, came clean about the prank she devised with husband John in a letter to the BMJ published on Wednesday.

She said: "Perhaps after 34 years it's time for us to confess that we invented cello scrotum.

This is just cruel, cruel and sad! Flash back to 1985 - I was in school band and all I wanted to do was play the cello. And I was a natural from the moment I touched that cello - it was magic, but then when I got home I noticed a rash... It got worse and worse until my mom took me to a Doctor who diagnosed young Sweet Dick with cello scrotum - I never played the cello again. And now it turns out that the whole thing was a hoax and that it was probably the fact that I was jacking off 7 times a day with Ben Gay and sandpaper and nothing to do with play the cello naked.

Well, I hope your happy Elaine Murphy because your funny little joke cost a young boy his life dream. I'm not bitter that I could have been a concert cellist and now I'm the night shift manager of the Port Chester Dunkin' Donuts/blogger or that I'm a 300lb alcoholic searching for meaning in my life because it was a really funny joke. Well played Elaine, well played.

1 comment:

Cainlyqr said...

Test Engineer , Electronics PCB Mfg. ATE Labview Pacific Technical Search Irvine, CA Make sure that you tell the dealership exactly what you will be using the forklift truck for, so that they can recommend the appropriate model.Forexample, if you are working in an indoor non ventilated environment you will want an electric (i.e. avoid diesel forklifts because of the fumes) pallet truck which does not have marking wheels so that you do not cosmetically damage the floor.Make sure that your forklift operators are properly trained and licensed as well.This is a good way to make sure that you don't have any surprise liabilities because of the fact that you may not be able to get an insurance claim if the operator was not properly licensed. The complex mixed workload consists of: