Monday, January 5, 2009

Football season



Ok, so the playoffs started this weekend, which is always a little bittersweet for me. I won 3 the 4 games, so I am pretty happy, but the playoffs mean that the Super Bowl is just around the corner. Now I love the SB, but from the end of the SB until March Madness there is a serious sports drought. So I have decided to start a grass roots campaign to move the NFL season, and dear reader, I will need help with this because for starters - I don't know what a "grass root campaign" is and the NFL is a very powerful adversary.

Now here is my proposal. Opening day of the NFL season would be the second weekend of October and the season would end in mid March. Now hear me out - in September the weather is nice and you shouldn't spend all Sunday locked up watching games, but come Oct its cold and there is really no reason to leave the house until you mail your taxes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fully on board with season shift..september no time for nfl football....also 11 wins should get you a playoff spot..just sayin'