Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oregon Church Refuses to Sign ANY Marriage Certificates Until Gays Have Equal Marriage

The First Congregational United Church of Ashland, Oregon is taking a stand against the homophobic machine. Okay, they’re not really abandoning the Bible - but they are refusing to participate in the hetero-normative system of marriage until LGBTQ couples have equal marriage rights. Rev. Pam Sheppard says:

“I’ve been for civil rights for gay and lesbian people for a long, long time, but I never thought, ’I’m helping the discrimination every time I sign a license.’… Every time I sign a license, it’s like I’m saying, ’OK,’ but it’s not OK.”

That's what I talkin' about BIAAATTTCHS! The movement is underway. Remember this BLOG?

http://justsippinsuds.blogspot.com/2008/11/prop-8.html

Well, apparently the movement is underway to ban all marriages. FREE AT LAST - FREE AT LAST. I'm seriously like the MLK of the BLOG world. Perez Hilton may be the Celebrity king, but he'll be thanking me at his wedding.

No comments: