Friday, April 3, 2009

Mo Town Blues



I borrowed Bobby J’s pick up to get a mower out in the sticks. I get there, and its about as creepy as it gets…pitch black junkyard... guy pops out looking like slingblade, but about 65...he had mowers, boats, cars everywhere...grass all overgrown...real muddy and swampy...everything all rusted...I was like 'oh dear'...then he walks me over to it - weaving through overgrowth mixed with junk, uncovers it and BLAM -nice mower. Ole man Snaggle Tooth couldn't get it running though, “bad gas.” Right out of a movie...no flash lights....he “needs to jump it”...literally disappeared for about 5 mins, me I just hung listening to the pitch black steel chillin in the night, each ping bringing my hands up like Jack Johnson...finally, he came back with a battery then reached down and out of seemingly nowhere pulled jumper cables from the mud. I was like WTF...then he couldn't see the battery to get the cables on...so he left again and ripped his truck through the mud and tossed on the high beams. He kept mumbling then walked away again into darkness, through detritus/trash/junk field...came back with starter fluid, sprayed it in the carbs and she fired right up. Didn't stay running though. “Gotta drain the fuel and put new plugs in.” Looks like ole Smitty is heading back to the heap, Fragles and all. I think a case of Red White and Blues might get me a discount. Keep Sippin Blade.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the wonderful works guys I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.

Here is my homepage :: bmi chart female