Friday, April 3, 2009

The Right Way...Hemingway




Ernest Hemingway(July 21, 1899 — July 2, 1961) was an impressive man, who just like us, loved to Sip a Sud or two. He also loved hunting, fishing, writing, women and traveling. Not really sure, but isn’t that exactly what we are all about? His male characters can best be described as “Grace under fire.” I love his style of writing…he once said, "Use short sentences. Use short first paragraphs. Use vigorous English. Be positive, not negative." Ok, so I don’t have the vigorous English and sometimes my paragraphs run on, but I still love the guy. Oh, and he also believes a writer should have at least 2 cocktails before sitting down…that and a type writer as free hand is too slow to get a proper thought out. Since I am still hammered from last night, I guess I am good. The guy has crashed planes, battles bears, hunted the wild, and has seen war…lived thru em all…only fitting that the only thing that could take this man down was himself. Here’s to you EH, you were a good man…a great man.



No comments: